Firefighters from Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire in a garden on Gullands in Langley.
Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews arrived to find a garden hedge, fence and shed well alight.
Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. No casualties were reported and the fire is believed to have spread from a bonfire.
Following the fire, crews are urging members of the public who are thinking of having bonfires or barbecues in their garden, to take extra care and follow our vital safety advice:
Build your bonfire well clear of buildings, garden sheds, fences, hedges and overhanging branches.
Keep it to a manageable size and make sure it is evenly built so it collapses inwards as it burns. Always have a bucket of water or hosepipe nearby in case of emergency.
If the bonfire becomes out of control and catches foliage or property alight, call 999. Never leave bonfires unattended and extinguish them fully once you’re finished.