Breaking KENT Wainscott

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a chimney fire on Dillywood Lane in Wainscott

Two fire engines and a height vehicle were sent to the scene to tackle the blaze. Firefighters initially used chimney gear to fight the fire, and the height vehicle helped to fully extinguish fire from above due to difficult access. Once extinguished duty of care was left with homeowners. There were no reported injuries. Firefighters urge anyone with a chimney in their home or business to sign up for the KFRS Clean Sweep Alert – so you’re notified of the best times to have your chimney swept and checked for any maintenance needs. Also to make sure the chimney is swept properly before its used. Confirmed chimney fire, Crews initially used chimney equipment to extinguish fire. Height vehicle was requested to fully extinguish the fire from the top due to difficult access with the chimney rods. Once extinguished duty of care was left with homeowners.