Breaking Canterbury KENT

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fence alight in Old Dover Road, Canterbury

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews used hose reel jets to put the fire out. No casualties were reported. It’s believed the fire started accidentally when hot ashes from a wood burner were placed in a bin, causing it to catch alight and spread to the nearby fence. Following the incident, crews are reminding people to always ensure spent ashes are completely cooled before being disposed of.