Breaking Swindon Wiltshire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a roof fire on Prospect Grove in Gravesend

Three fire engines were sent to the scene, and firefighters arrived to black smoke coming from the roof of the property. Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a ladder and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. No casualties were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental after heat from the building’s chimney spread to the roof space. Following the fire, crews are reminding the public to always check your chimney is free from debris and in good structural order before lighting it.