Breaking Folkestone KENT

A family had a lucky escape after it’s believed a chip pan accidentally overheated and sparked a kitchen fire at a house in Black Bull Road, Folkestone

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and firefighters wore breathing apparatus while using hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before ventilating the property with a high pressured fan.  Crews led two adults to safety and rescued a hamster from the home. The two adults and two children were passed into the care of paramedics after suffering from suspected smoke inhalation.