Two fire engines were sent to the scene, and crews wearing breathing apparatus discovered a small fire in the loft.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire due to the loft space being very organised, allowing them good access. Hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire.
The cause is believed to be accidental. Following the incident, crews would like to note the importance of keeping loft spaces organised and uncrowded – which can make access much easier for firefighters when salvaging any valuable items and extinguishing fires.