Breaking KENT Maidstone

Fire crews tackle kitchen a blaze in Maidstone

Fire crews scrambled after microwave fire in Hythe Flat
woman and dog rescued from flooded home near sevenoaks
Firefighters were called by the occupier of a property in Lamkin Way, Maidstone, after the kitchen caught fire. While 999 control room operators gave the occupant safety advice over the phone, advising the caller to leave their property and close doors on the way out, crews made their way to the scene. Once they’d arrived, they deployed quickly wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished a small blaze. A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to drive smoke and fumes out of the building. There are no reports of any injuries and the cause of the fire has not been established.