Breaking KENT Rainham

Charring wood causes Rainham house blaze

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a wooden extension on the side of a house alight, in Ploughmans Way, Rainham. Four fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets and water from a hydrant to put the fire out. There were no reported casualties, and the fire is believed to have started accidentally, as a result of an occupant charring wood nearby. Following this incident, firefighters are urging residents to keep controlled burning of any kind, whether it’s a bonfire, fire pit or barbecue, well away from fences, greenery and property. It’s also advisable to avoid having controlled fires in windy conditions, as this can cause it to spread rapidly.