Breaking KENT Rochester

Faulty vacuum cleaner causes fire inside a conservatory at a house in Rochester


Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire inside a conservatory at a house in Fleet Road, Rochester.

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before using high pressured fans to clear the home of smoke.

No casualties were reported. It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally, due to a fault within a vacuum cleaner that had been left on charge. Following the incident, crews are reminding people to: – Avoid charging batteries or any electrical items overnight or if you leave the house. – When charging batteries place them on a non-flammable surface in a room with a smoke detector