Breaking KENT Tonbridge

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a chimney fire on The Freehold, Tonbridge

 One fire engine was sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus used chimney gear to extinguish the fire. No casualties were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental. If you have a woodburner at home, you can reduce the risk of a chimney fire by ensuring your chimney and flue are inspected, maintained and swept regularly. You should also avoid overloading the grate or building fires too high, and only dispose of ash once it has fully cooled.